I love juicing all kinds of vegetables, especially greens. I know that some people struggle with the strong taste of juiced greens, especially if they are new to juicing or new to eating more raw vegetables. Carrot juice, combined with green juice, makes for a very palatable drink, even for ‘beginners’ and for children.
There is some controversy regarding carrot juice and the fact that is has a high sugar content. Yes, carrot juice is sweet, but in fact, it is a very good blood sugar regulator due to its carotenoid content.
Carrot juice has many benefits, that once you know about them, you will want to include it in your juice regime, regularly.
- Excellent source of vitamins– Vitamin A, C, D, E, K, B1, B6
- Rich with minerals– Biotin, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and trace minerals
- Contains Carotene – well-known, powerful antioxidant
- Tops are nutritious– rich with potassium and protein
- Contains phyto-nutrients -help heal various diseases
- Very cleansing – gets rid of mucus, reduces inflammation and also detoxes the liver
Some more important health benefits of carrot juice;
- Prevents cancer – studies show that eating carrots or drinking carrot juice regularly significantly reduces our risk of cancer
- Improves eyesight – I am pretty sure that most people know this but I thought that I would mention it anyway
- Benefits skin – helps cleanse acne by flushing toxins
- Improves liver function – the toxins are flushed from the liver which, of course, makes the liver happy
- Balances blood acidity – carrots are very alkalizing
- Strengthens immune system – increases production and performance of white blood cells
- Other benefits – enriches lactation, stimulates appetite & improves digestion, promotes lung health, helps with constipation, lowers cholesterol
Note : Sometimes you may get a little orange tint in the palms of our hands when you first start to consume carrot juice. The body is releasing toxins from the liver to be removed from the body. The orange tinge is not from too much Vitamin A. The beta carotene is converted to vitamin A within the body. If you feel your skin is turning too orange, consider adding more greens into your juice mixture.
Tasty Juice Combinations
1lb of carrots makes about 80z of juice
Scrub your vegetables instead of peeling, for more nutritional value.
Choose organic vegetables please.
Here are some combinations that I like…
All of these make about 10 oz of juice but can easily be increased or decreased. It is best to drink this juice as soon as possible to ensure that the enzymes stay intact. If you are not drinking the juice immediately, store in a glass jar with a lid, in the refrigerator.
– carrot + celery + apple…1lb carrots, 1 apple, cored, 1 stalk celery
– carrot + celery + ginger…1lb carrots, 2 stalks celery, 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
– carrot + spinach + beet + lemon…1lb carrots, large handful of spinach leaves, 1 beet, 1/2 lemon, peeled
– carrot + kale + ginger…1lb carrots, 4 kale leaves, small piece of ginger, peeled
– carrot + cucumber + spinach…1lb carrots, 1 cucumber, large handful spinach
– carrot + bell pepper + cucumber…1lb carrots, 1 bell pepper, 1 cucumber
– carrot + lettuce + parsley…1lb carrots, large handful leaf lettuce or romaine, large handful parsley
– carrot + apple + parsley…1lb carrots, 1 apple, cored, 1 large handful parsley
Really the combinations are endless! Use your imagination and experiment. If the taste is too strong, you could add a little water. If the taste just isn’t pleasant, you could juice another pound of carrots and mix the juices together.